Friday, November 14, 2008

Such a joy to behold

I watched a guy try to duck around the corner into the arcade whilst I was helping a pair of customers. He was even taking an extra helping of furtive in his body language.

You going to pay for those items first?

"What items?"

How about the ones you have jammed into your waistband for starters? I gave him a level, unamused stare.

He held his ground, valiantly attempting to call my non-existent bluff.

We can do this right now or when the cops show up. Last chance. The phone comes out, finger on the speed-dial.

"Fine." He handed me a small stack of items. "That's all of it."

Don't come back.

He sounded offended. "Don't worry, I'm never coming back here again."

Was he trying to sink a barb at the implication of losing a customer? When he's the lowest form of vermin known to society; a thief? How cute. I wish I could have shattered his knee-caps for him as a lovely parting gift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home