Monday, November 17, 2008

Out of sequence

So the day ended with a distressingly vivid flashback to the 80's. Bleached out jeans, polo shirt with the collar standing straight up, spiky hair with bleached tips standing up with the help of synthetic spooge "product".

It was painful.

Not only was I beset with sartorial horrors of yesteryear best buried deep after a stake through the heart, decapitation, and a generous stuffing of holy wafers and garlic, but I had to restrain myself from pointing and laughing at the ridiculous twerp swaggering through my store. At least three times I had to stop myself from asking if Cory Haim knew he was raiding his closet.

A bit later I was treated to a glorious exchange with a preview customer. After establishing that yes indeed we had that capability, he set about rooting through our movie racks with all the delicacy and subtlety of a bear pursuing grubs in a fallen log.

Inevitably, he approaches the counter with several movies when only one will actually reach it. He pauses five feet short to put the discards onto the shelf.

Decide against those? I'd be happy to put them back for you. Which is a damned lie, I resent with undying rage that you're too stupid/self-involved to take those last few steps instead of just dropping them where you bloody well know they do not fucking belong.

He picks them up again and starts heading in the general direction he'd come from. Sure buddy, as if I can trust you to put them back anywhere near where they belong.

Seriously, I'll put them back.

So he walks back to his previous dump site and plants them right back on that shelf.

Sins of Shiva! Why do I even bother?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home