Thursday, November 06, 2008

I can always use more customers like this

The other day I had a pair of young women happen into the store. At first, they just seemed to be slowing taking the place in, which is not so unusual for female shoppers. If a place has a certain ambiance or "energy" to it, women prefer not to linger for very long if at all.

Fairly quickly, they relaxed and settled in to do some shopping. It wasn't very long before they were at my counter asking me about lubricants. They wanted something condom compatible, silicone based, and very good.

Let me tell ya, nothing is more delightful than informed shoppers. They make my job so much more rewarding. So I brought out the various varieties of silicone lubes we carry and laid out their various strengths and weaknesses before indicating one that I thought would suit their needs best based upon the information they'd presented me. I then stepped back and let them read labels and consider price amongst themselves in peace.

My recommendation won out and they had me hold on to it for them while they investigated the novelties. Perhaps ten minutes later they were back with toys in hand. I verified they were in working order, rang them up, and the ladies were on their way.

As they left, they both turned to thank me for my assistance and promised they'd shop here again.

I was smiling pleasantly for the next hour at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home