Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Good manners always show

Thank you. It is always such an undeniable pleasure to wait on customers like you. From the moment you tried to interject yourself into my immediate attention while I was in the process of ringing up another customer until you finally shuffled out of my front door, you were a complete joy.

I can completely understand how you would know I was hanging on the edge of my seat to set you on your way with your purchases. All you had to do was shoulder aside the gentleman already standing at the counter handing me his credit card. Indeed, it was your turn to be helped, no question. I'm sure the look of daggers he directed your way was simply jealousy for your graceful and considerate nature.

I know you were the absolute picture of solicitousness when I asked you to wait because I inexplicably found it necessary to complete the transaction of the lout who so rudely cut you off at the last second by bringing his items to the register five minutes ahead of you.

By all means, it was no bother at all when after you inform me you're ready to go after that guy and have handed me your items you spend the next twenty minutes ambling around the store. I appreciate your respect for your fellow customers shown by tying up my register. I am truly grateful for your understanding that there is nothing else for me to do here at work than remain poised for you to decide you are indeed through shopping for the day.

I am certain the other customers were not inconvenienced or annoyed in the least by you reasserting your transaction dominance while I was forced kicking and screaming from my place holding your ticket open upon your whim. The temerity of them to have discrete questions and specifically brief needs for assistance. Fortunately, you were there to make your own requests every single time someone else started talking to me.

It was with the deepest and bitterest of regrets that I handed you your bag of goodies knowing that our time together was at a close.

It is my fervent hope that I can pay you back several times over for those bountiful joys you brought me on your visit here on some dark night when the nearest possible witness is many miles distant and your shrieks of happiness will reach no ears but my own.

2 Comments:

Blogger Annabella said...

I am always the customer in front of that guy, it really pisses me off. Glad to see you back btw....

9:55 PM  
Blogger Lanius said...

It always astounds me how much restraint those customers display when someone tries to usurp their place in line. It speaks well of them, and I think some folks will have a sharp lesson that "polite" does not mean "push-over" sometime.


(Glad to be back.)

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home